As a property development and management company seeking new and cost-effective solutions, and as a responsible corporate citizen, Condor is committed to reducing the environmental footprint of its projects and properties through sustainable building, energy and environmental practices. Some initiatives include:
- HVAC (Heating, Ventilating and Air Conditioning) - We use water-sourced heat pump systems to heat and cool our buildings. High-efficiency boilers help reduce energy consumption, aided by energy recovery ventilators (ERVs) that transfer heat from exhausted air back into the supply air stream.
- Outdoor Lighting - The outdoor lighting we use for our existing and new properties is designed for safety, energy efficiency and to reduce light pollution.
- Recycled Concrete - When paving our parking lots, we use a stone base comprised of recycled concrete materials to reduce the usage of natural aggregates.
- Plumbing - Our buildings and properties include high-efficiency and low-flow plumbing fixtures to reduce water consumption.
- Roofing Materials - Our new buildings utilize a white roofing membrane to reduce solar heat loads.
- Recycling – When determining the layout of new buildings, we do our best to provide safe and easy access for garbage collection and storage for recyclables.
- Landscape Materials – Water-conserving plants and landscaping materials help reduce water usage and provide a better appearance through extended periods of dry weather.